Karanopa

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tango - Part 2


When I listen to tango or when i dance it here in the land of rikudei am, i feel as if i'm doing it not to forget. When I'm dancing with Hezy in country dekel, in my head i'm dancing with Carlos in Villa Malcolm, and at the same time with Pedro in La Catedral and also with Miguel on Plaza Dorrego. I want to remember them all - Oscar 1 and Oscar 2 and Oscar 3, el Chino and El Indio, RIcardo, Nacho, Jorge, Michael... i want to remember all those boys i danced with time and time again, but i never remembered their names, or maybe i never asked them, but i remember exactly how their embrace felt and the smell of their sweater. I want to remember every detail of my last night in Buenos Aires when Pastor, after I worshipped him for the past few weeks, came to me, just like that, and looked me straight in the eyes. Pastor was divine. I can still feel his lead when i close my eyes, i can even remember some steps we made. My last Cumparsita with Oscar in La Viruta, my last tango to a live orchestra with Charli in La Catedral, with the unreal red lights and the bad wooden floor, and my first tango with Charli in Malcolm where i fell in love with him before i knew his name. The thrill of embracing a new body, los primeros cambios de peso, antes de arrancarnos, quando todo todavia es posible, capaz sea el tango de mi vida. El sentirme de una pequenha conquistadora quando saco a bailar a aquel pive que no esperaba que me atreve, pero no se me niega y bailamos, y nos emocionamos por la navidad de la primera union de nuestros cuerpos que es tan banal en una milonga al mismo tiempo siendo pura magia, mas alla de lo consciente. No me quiero olvidar de ninguna pavada, para que quando vuelva todo siga igual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home